Monday, August 26, 2024

BreyerFest 2024, Part 2: Breakables

Breakables, the long-running china show at BreyerFest, was held in person this year, the first time since the pandemic. For the last few years, it has been hosted online as a photo show which I have greatly enjoyed. There are definite benefits to being able to enter your models in their classes while sipping coffee in your pajamas. It also means you can enter as many models as you like without worrying about what will fit in your vehicle.

With that in mind, because my sister Sarah and I love to show in the collectibility division at the BreyerFest Open Show, my Breakables show string was very, very small this year. Sarah was judging European ware, so I brought only a few of my very best Hagen-Renakers to show in the American ware and mini division.

I had a lovely time catching up with friends and ogling some of the amazing models that turn up at this show. Here is just a small sampling. Enjoy!

OF bay roan Maxixe de Barrios sculpted by Morgen Kilbourn
and produced by Horsing Around

Insanely rare Hagen-Renaker San Dimas bay Large Zara,
my clinky holy grail

Another hard to find HR San Dimas variation on the Sheba mold

HR Butch in buckskin, another rare San Dimas color

Royal Worcester Prince Charles on Pan's Folly
and Princess Elizabeth on Tommy

Boehm polo pony

Horse with the Golden Silver Saddle sculpted by
Pamela Du Boulay and produced by Donna Chaney

Nymphenburg Zebra

HR Ching Wu in rare blue point color

Stunning test run HR Abdullah

Spectacular zebra by Kristina Lucas

Albany Mill Reef

Rare Goebel Tennessee Walking Horse

Herend Prancing Horse

Royal Doulton Merely A Minor

Royal Worcester The Winner with specially ordered silks

I was thrilled to win Mini Reserve Overall Champion in breed with my HR Silky Sullivan....


...and Mini Overall Champion in collectibility with my rare HR San Dimas buckskin Seabiscuit.


Kristina Lucas of Hagen-Renaker Tennessee generously donated 38 of these lovely mini drafters as overall prizes and judges' models for the show. The mold looks wonderful in this lovely gold champagne color. I'm thrilled to have won one!



Next time, the BreyerFest Open Show!

3 comments:

  1. Great post, great pix!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clearly this is a world I know little about. I know about the Golden Saddle and I've seen/heard of RWs, Doultons and Goebels (rarely Boehms), but Herend? Albany? Nymphenburg?! It's like a museum. I think I know more about Hartlands than HRs! What fun -- thank you for the glimpses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Herend is a Hungarian company, is that correct? I think I have a small piece from them (packed away somewhere) that my parents brought back from one of their trips to Hungary.
    Fabulous post! Gorgeous sculptures, and photos! Congrats on your wins!

    ReplyDelete